The QV-L is a quad low-frequency oscillator with a variety of waveforms, flexible modulation options, clock sync and presets.
Waveforms included as of Firmware 0.9.0:
- Sine, Triangle, Saw Up, Saw Down, Shark Left and Right, and Square waves, all with variable shape controls (pulse-width for the square wave).
- Sample & Hold with selectable source (CV in, any other LFO, etc).
- Three morphing waves: Sine to Tri, Saw to Tri, Saw to Square
- Stair-step up, down and up-down
- A Sine / Saw / Square sequence-able waveform.
- A variable-pulse width Square wave sequence-able waveform.
- A three output Lorenz attractor chaotic waveform.
- A Perlin-noise style random waveform
- A Logistic Map chaotic waveform generator.
LFO Rates can be set using a variety of modes. There are two logarithmic response modes (Wide and Slow) to cover traditional ranges. There is a Hz mode for specifying the rate from 1Hz to 246Hz. There are also 3 tempo-based modes: 16th, Beat and Bar.
The QV-L’s tempo can be set internally, or via a 16th note tempo clock to a Gate input. The QV-L can also be connected to a Vector Sequencer for sync and bi-directional MIDI communication.
The QV-L also includes two simple, linear EGs for modulation duties. The EGs currently have two modes: AR: Attack/Release, and ASR: Attack/Sustain/Release.
The QV-L supports extensive modulation via 8 modulation busses, with selectable sources, destinations and amounts. Sources include 4 CV inputs, all 4 LFOs, and either of two internal envelope generators.
In order to accommodate multi-output algorithms such as the Lorenz Attractor, and for general versatility, each of the 4 CV outputs can be custom mapped. Output processing also includes a selection of handy operations (invert, rectify, etc) and both sale and offset controls.
LFOs can be reset (and EGs triggered) from either of the two front-panel Gate Inputs, or from the TrigA or Trig B buttons.
Most edit pages have animated waveform displays.
The Main Edit page offers 6 customizable parameters for each performance control.
All settings can be saved via onboard presets in flash memory. Up to 40 presets can be saved.
- Width: 12hp
- Depth: 35mm
- Power: +120mA / -20mA